As founders and members of the DPC, we affirm the human and disability rights of people living with dementia. We welcome you to affirm these rights by becoming a DPC Advocate by signing our pledge.
I affirm that people living with dementia ….
- Are valuable human beings and should be afforded the rights of all humans
- Should be given opportunities which promote and empower them to be seen and heard as valuable members of society
- Should be included and affirmed as individuals living with cognitive disabilities and should be treated as equalmembers of society and entitled to the same disability rights as other individuals
- Can develop adaptive strategies, and should have access to and opportunities for meaningful engagement which provide purpose and honor resilience
As a supporting advocate of the Dementia Peer Coalition I will…
- Involve people living with dementia as best as I am able in issues related to their lives and well-being
- Uphold the DPC values: Empowerment, Inclusion, Equality, Access, Meaning, Purpose, Resilience
- Promote the DPC personally and professionally within my sphere of influence
- Share information about the DPC with individuals living with dementia who may by interested in the DPC
- Help interested individuals directly connect to the DPC via phone, email, or referral
- Be available to support DPC meetings and initiatives as I am able